Mariemont has been named one of the 11 Most Endangered Places in America by the National Trust for Historic Preservation!
Please contact ODOT and the Eastern Corridor Implementation partners and inform them that relocating SR32 through the Village is not a good decision. http://easterncorridor.org/contact-us/contact/
Mariemont opposes this route for the following reasons;
-Destabilization of nearby hillsides
- Possible loss of National Historic Landmark Designation
- Destruction of Native American Archeological Site
- Negative environmental impact on Park and nature area
- Flawed analysis of alternative routes
- Significant reduction in Mariemont Park space
- Increased air, noise, and water pollution to people of Mariemont
- Non conformance with land use guidelines
- Significant public funds being wasted continuing to pursue this option for Route 32 relocation.