Cancellation of examination for final semester students
This petition had 99,429 supporters
As we all know, recently Mr. Uday Samant(Maharashtra minister for higher and technical education) announced that final semester students will have to attend examinations to avail their degree. This has caused a lot of chaos and confusion for students across the state.
Some of the things not taken into consideration are as follows:
1. Students who failed in any previous semester are being promoted and the students who passed in all semesters and reached till final semester have to give an exam with fear of the pandemic.
2. Even if social distancing is maintained during the exam, students might gather together before and after the exam.
3. The mental stress and state of all other year students are understood but doesn't the final year student undergo the same mental stress during this covid19Pandemic.
4. Online resources and syllabus yet not enough to complete the term. Books are not available with the students. Most of the students in rural areas don't have the access to online syllabus.
5. Traveling from one place to another to just give exams during this Pandemic not acceptable.
Moreover, Most of the final year students have either been placed or are looking for job opportunities after completing their degree. If the exams are internally evaluated, these students can focus on their placement preparation.
All the final year students have already given 5 semesters (for 3-year courses) or 7 semesters (for 4-year courses) examinations. Also, in the majority of colleges intermediate semester exams are already conducted. All of these can help assess the overall performance of each student which could further be used to evaluate their graduate marks.
Hence, it is all of our sincere requests to kindly cancel the examination for final semester students. The health of all students is more important than their academics. However, we can't ignore the importance of academics and hence request you to assess us on our previous marks and give us a wealth of time and health for future accomplishments. We know our voices are well taken care of, thank you for your time.
Last week, it was announced by CM and Mr.Uday Samant that the exam will be cancelled, however there still isn't an official decision letter published by the universities. Moreover , the governor has expressed that he does not intend to promote the final year students which has resulted in more chaos among the students.
Kindly consider the petition
Today: Lenix is counting on you
Lenix Lobo needs your help with “Office of the Chief Minister of Maharashtra: Cancellation of examination for final semester students”. Join Lenix and 99,428 supporters today.