Police brutality in America needs to stop NOW. The police are here to protect & serve not vent their own anger & administer their own personal brand of justice. The police can no longer be allowed to act in this manner. Black & Brown people are highly targeted by the police, this needs to stop NOW!
- All active police need to wear video cameras at all times.
- All police vehicles need to be retrofitted with multiple functioning video cameras.
- Police should be given no special treatment in the court of law. In fact, they should be treated more harshly when sentenced for breaking the trust of the people that bestowed it upon them.
- Racist and unjust laws such as stop-and-frisk.
- There should be equal sentencing for non-whites as their white counterparts.
- Prisons should not be privatized. This creates a demand for more prisoners. Making money from people who (allegedly) break laws should not be goal, rehabilitating them should be.
- ALL POLICE OFFICERS INVOLVED IN THE ERIC GARNER MURDER GET SUSPENDED WITHOUT PAY, THEN FIRED AND BROUGHT UP ON MURDER CHARGES
A 400-pound asthmatic Staten Island dad died Thursday after a cop put him in a chokehold and other officers appeared to slam his head against the sidewalk, video of the incident shows.
“I can’t breathe! I can’t breathe!” Eric Garner, 43, repeatedly screamed after at least five NYPD officers took him down in front of a Tompkinsville beauty supply store when he balked at being handcuffed.
Within moments Garner, a married father of six children with two grandchildren, stopped struggling and appeared to be unconscious as police called paramedics to the scene. An angry crowd gathered, some recording with smartphones.
“When I kissed my husband this morning, I never thought it would be for the last time,” Garner’s wife, Esaw, told the Daily News. Article here: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/staten-island-man-dies-puts-choke-hold-article-1.1871486
Fourteen Examples of Systemic Racism in the US Criminal Justice System: https://www.commondreams.org/view/2010/07/26-2
An “Epidemic of Police Brutality” is Sweeping the United States of America: http://www.theyucatantimes.com/2014/05/an-epidemic-of-police-brutality-is-sweeping-the-united-states-of-america/
Police brutality in the United States: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_brutality_in_the_United_States
“A just law is a man made code that squares with the moral law or the law of God. An unjust law is a code that is out of harmony with the moral law.“ -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King jr.
“Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.” -Plato
"We declare our right on this earth to be a human being, to be respected as a human being, to be given the rights of a human being in this society, on this earth, in this day, which we intend to bring into existence by any means necessary." -Malcolm X
Put the aforementioned items into place so we can live without fear of police but admire and respect them for taking care of the community. You can start by helping to make sure they're held responsible for their actions & also documenting their actions as well. Please do this, it is better to take this fork in the road rather than the alternatives.