NO WHEELIES PLEASE - MERTON
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000.
SAVE OUR WEEKLY COLLECTION IN MERTON AND SAY NO TO WHEELIE BINS PLEASE
Merton Council proposes to reduce the frequency of dustbin waste and recycling collections to fortnightly & replace our dustbins with, wheelies. They're intending to introduce a second wheelie per household for paper/card, but leave us with open topped boxes for plastics, cans etc.
Merton residents propose that weekly dustbin waste collections are maintained; and that two 80 litre, lidded, recycling bins be supplied, enough to contain two weeks worth of separated recycling; both brown, to match the food waste bin. These will be cheaper, more practical, and far less obtrusive, than wheelie bins or open topped boxes.
If you live or work in London Borough of Merton
VOTE FOR THE RESIDENTS’ PROPOSAL!
For loads more info – check out WWW.NOWHEELIESPLEASE-MERTON.ORG.UK
- Merton Council
MERTON RESIDENTS' PROPOSAL:
On behalf of like-minded Merton Residents, the signatories of the NO WHEELIES PLEASE - MERTON petition respectfully request, that Merton Council & Veolia Waste Management, adopt the following five-point proposal for household waste collections:-
1) LBM & Veolia to maintain WEEKLY dustbin waste collections.
(for health, safety & environmental reasons - including smell. Dustbin waste includes nappies, adult incontinence pads, sanitary towels, tampons, used condoms, virus laden tissues, dog poo, cat litter etc; as well as non-recyclable food packaging - particularly that from raw fish and meat).
2) LBM & Veolia to abandon the proposed introduction of wheelie bins, and the slow, inefficient, 'wheelies-to-vehicle-and-back' collection process; instead maintaining the current 'transfer-to- Collectors'-pull-along-wheelie' system. (The new process would double labour costs, diesel usage, emissions & increase traffic congestion).
3) LBM & Veolia to commission plastics' manufacturer to produce unobtrusive, 80 litre (dustbin sized) BELL-ORB bins: (Brown, Embossed-Lidded, Lockable, Outdoor, Recycling Bins).
4) LBM & Veolia to supply two 80 litre, BELL-ORB style bins to each standard household (to replace messy open-topped recycling boxes).
5) LBM & Veolia to offer a third BELL-ORB bin (with a different embossed symbol) at cost price, to households who currently use un-binned sacks for their general waste. Low income households to be able to apply for a FREE third bin. Only very large families to be able to apply for wheelies instead, which should also be brown & embossed.)
Today: Nell is counting on you
Nell Allen needs your help with “NO WHEELIES PLEASE - MERTON”. Join Nell and 869 supporters today.