Bring the normal (smaller, standard) version of the "New" Nintendo 3DS to North American Markets and/or STOP region locking the available 3DS models.
This petition had 2,782 supporters
The North American gaming community believes the New Nintendo 3DS should be released in it's original, standard form alongside the XL version of the console. Many people are changing their minds about purchasing a New Nintendo 3DS because of:
- The lack of portability/"pocketability."
- The lack of the changeable face plates (which was highly anticipated).
- The lack of a unique aesthetic design (such as the beautiful colored buttons on the Japanese version, also highly anticipated).
- The lack of an AC adapter.
- The lack of access to exclusive and highly-anticipated content that can only be played on a New Nintendo 3DS (which in N. America's case is ONLY the XL, which is a shame).
- The inability to import one from Japan because of region-locking.
- The lack of a possibly cheaper price point.
- The lack of an Ambassador program offered in other regions.
Upon hearing the news from the Nintendo Direct on 1/14, many current and even potential, future Nintendo fans have decided against the idea of buying a new 3DS that doesn't satisfy us as customers. The XL version, unfortunately does not appeal to many of us because of its size. We believe selling the standard sized New Nintendo 3DS would benefit Nintendo's reputation as a company for the consumers and the gaming community's satisfaction. The idea of the standard "new" 3DS NOT being a part of the North American market is absurd and we as consumers will prove you wrong in that assumption. If such a task isn't possible for North American consumers, then AT LEAST compromise on removing region locks from the new 3DS models and allow players in North America to purchase and use models from overseas without having to constantly import games.
Please consider changing your minds/methods about selling the New Nintendo 3DS in its original form over seas!
Today: Jesse is counting on you
Jesse Hariton needs your help with “Nintendo: Bring the normal (smaller, standard) version of the "New" Nintendo 3DS to North American Markets and/or STOP region locking the available 3DS models.”. Join Jesse and 2,781 supporters today.