- Prosecutor Kym L. WorthyWayne County Prosecutor's Office
- Bill SchuetteMichigan State Attorney General
- Dave BingMayor of Detroit, Michigan
- Robert A. FicanoWayne County Executive
- United States Department of JusticeOffice of Civil Rights - Disabilities Division
New Trial For Davontae Sanford
Davontae Sanford should be allowed to withdraw his guilty plea so that he can go to trial based on the newly discovered evidence that a hit man says he and another person committed murder and Davontae was not there.
An Associated Press Article interview - conducted by Ed White on January 30, 2012
A Detroit hit man in prison for eight murders said he's willing to publicly take responsibility for four more to help clear a young man who claims he's innocent of the slayings and confessed at age 14 only to satisfy police.
Vincent Smothers' testimony would be the most crucial evidence yet to try to persuade a judge to throw out Davontae Sanford's guilty plea and free him from a nearly 40-year prison sentence. In an interview with The Associated Press, Smothers declared: "He's not guilty. He didn't do it."
- Wayne County Prosecutor's Office
Prosecutor Kym L. Worthy
- Michigan State Attorney General
- Mayor of Detroit, Michigan
- Wayne County Executive
Robert A. Ficano
- Office of Civil Rights - Disabilities Division
United States Department of Justice
I just signed the following petition addressed to: Wayne County Prosecutor's Office.
Allow Davontae Sanford To Withdraw His Guilty Plea
Davontae Sanford should be allowed to withdraw his guilty plea so that he can go to trial based on the newly discovered evidence that a hit man says he and another person committed murder and Davontae Sanford was not there.
Nancy Lockhart, M.J. started this petition with a single signature, and now has 2,906 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.
Today: Nancy is counting on you
Nancy Lockhart, M.J. needs your help with “New Trial For Davontae Sanford”. Join Nancy and 2,905 supporters today.