Tell UCLA To Cancel SJP's Annual November Conference Or Be Held Accountable
0 have signed. Let’s get to 50,000!
Students for Justice in Palestine (SJP) is confirmed to hold its national conference at UCLA November 16-18th.
According to it's website SJP "stands against homophobia, misogyny, racism, anti-Semitism, Islamophobia, classism, colonialism, ableism, and bigotry and discrimination of any form."
Contrary to their stated vision, SJP and its founder, Hatem Bazian, a professor at UC Berkeley, appears to focus only on Israel bashing, delegitimizing Israel, and the idolization of Adolf Hitler and Nazi Germany.
- “Some say our Congress is the best money can buy. But we also say our Congress is an Israeli occupied territory.”
- “There are a large number of Zionists who were engaged with Nazi Germany”
- “How come we don’t have an intifada in this country?”
SJP's Members and Chapter President's Have tweeted and posted via Social Media horrendous Anti-Semitic comments; here are a few examples-
“Happy birthday to my baby hitler though [emoji]” – Amanda Jamal, SJP Treasurer CUNY
“@BarackObama shut up about gay marriage and go kill all the Jews” – Samer Alhatoo, SJP Workshop Leader
“We are Hamas. We are the Intifida.” – Mohammad Soltanmohammadi, SJP Vice President, UMD
SJP's previous conferences have glorified known jihadists and convicted terrorists.
2012 SJP hosted Khader Adnan (American University): past spokesman for Islamic Jihad; calls for violent jihad.
2016 SJP hosted Leila Khaled (George Mason University): member of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine and first woman to hijack an airplane.
The Jerusalem Center For Public Affairs recently published a stomach turning expose on SJP (read full report here). Startling highlights include-
- SJP is not a "grassroots" student organization; it is a terror-supporting, Anti-Semitic network that harasses and intimidates Israel-friendly students.
- SJP's founders, financial patrons and idealogical supporters have been linked to Islamists and Palestinian terror organizations such as Hamas, Hizbollah, Palestinian Islamic Jihad, and the Marxist Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP).
- The annual National SJP conference serves as a conduit to drive radical terror discourse, violence and Anti-Semitism at colleges and universities across the United States.
Members of Congress have now joined the effort in asking UCLA to cancel the conference [read Congressman's Brad Sherman's (CA) letter to UCLA's Chancellor Gene Block here].
Because of SJP’s closed-door policy of not allowing any non SJP students to attend the Conference, UCLA is essentially allowing SJP to continue sreading their messages of violence, Anti-Semitism and support of known terrorists.
We call on UCLA and Chancellor Block to cancel SJP’s Annual Conference that will do nothing but promote hate, violence, Anti-Semitism, and support of terrorists. If not canceled, we call to hold UCLA accountable by investigating it for violation of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin (including Anti-Semitism) for federally assisted programs and activities!
What can YOU do to help?
- Sign this petition
- Share this petition on all of your social media platforms
- Email Chancellor Block at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (310) 825-2151 to state UCLA needs to immediately cancel SJP's Annual Conference being held on their campus November 16-18th, 2018 or be held accountable.
Today: Stop is counting on you
Stop Antisemitism needs your help with “NEED TO FILL IN : Tell UCLA To Cancel SJP's Annual November Conference Or Be Held Accountable”. Join Stop and 45,017 supporters today.