Clear OROP Unconditionally
This petition made change with 32,099 supporters!
This is no longer my petition alone. This is a petition on behalf of all the ex-servicemen who did not think twice when the Nation needed them, but when they need the Govt to restore their rightful dues, the Govt is surely having second thoughts.
- My buddy, Sep Kawar Singh, was an ace Kabbaddi player and a very agile soldier. At the age of 30, his shoulder joint was dislocated and he became a low medical category. Having lost all motivation, he retired prematurely thinking that he would resettle with his meager pension and start a small business. Unfortunately, that was not to be and soon he was forced to seek a re-employment in the Defense Security Corps, and has been again pushed to living away from his family. In between , he has suffered a heart attack, but lack of funds do not leave him with any option
- My ex-CO, Col KS Bakshi, who commanded the Paltan in '65 war, is today a proud old man. His pride does not let him confide in anyone that his pension (which is about half the pension of today's Colonels) isn't enough for him to maintain the lifestyle he deserves.
And there are endless such stories.
The OROP announced by the Govt is a sham, a handiwork of sly bureaucrats and wily politicians. It does more harm than good.
Sign my petition and ask PM Narendra Modi to uphold his promise and Clear One Rank One Pension Unconditionally, which includes:
1. Those who have taken Premature Retirement must come under OROP.
2. Pensions would be taken from the top of the pay scales.
3. Financial Year 2013-14 be taken for fixing the base.
4. Judicial Commission to be composed of three ex-servicemen, one serving officer and a bureaucrat.
5. Commission to come out with a report on the implementation of the OROP in one month.
6. OROP to be independent of the Central Pay Commission and the concept should be in perpetuity.
7. Pension revision to be every year.
By doing so, all retired soldiers of the same rank and length of service will receive the same pension, regardless of when they retire. As simple as that - nothing more, nothing less. Sadda Hak! This is not a favour, these are our UNPAID DUES!
For a life of extraordinary hardship, in battle and in peace, all 25 lakh of these veterans deserve One Rank One Pension. There's honour in service of these men, but no honour in the broken promises made to them.
Sign my petition. Help us get back our Izzat!
Image Credit: New Indian Express
Today: Lt Col (Retd) Nikku is counting on you
Lt Col (Retd) Nikku Narang needs your help with “.@narendramodi Clear #OROP Unconditionally.”. Join Lt Col (Retd) Nikku and 32,098 supporters today.