Stop Justin Siena's Plan for a Strip Mall and More Traffic Gridlock in North Napa!
This petition made change with 1,159 supporters!
Justin Siena’s leaders have filed an application with the city of Napa to allow an out of town real estate developer from Minneapolis to tear up the school's sports fields and build a massive 78,000 square foot strip mall on 6.5 acres of open space fronting already traffic congested Solano/Trower Avenues and Hwy 29!
This is the WRONG kind of growth for our neighborhood and community.
- The number of traffic trips that a major grocery store like Sprouts and an OSH hardware store will generate in North Napa will bring already terrible traffic on Highway 29 and for neighbors traveling on Solano/Trower/Wine Country and nearby local streets to a standstill.
- Big box stores and strip malls do not fit with the residential character of our neighborhood and will decrease local property values by significantly impacting traffic congestion, noise pollution and public safety.
- The school's plan calls for a big box Sprouts grocery store on their campus which means that alcohol and tobacco will be sold and readily available within only feet of underage Justin Siena high school students. This does not sound like a way to preserve the proud Catholic values and Lasallian traditions of the school, alumni, students and their families.
- There are already 6 major grocery stores within only two miles or less of Justin Siena High, do we really need number 7?
- Justin Siena’s current plans would jeopardize the safety of their students and the public by dramatically increasing the number of vehicles and large delivery trucks on local roads when hundreds of students and parents are going to/from school and by delaying emergency response times for Fire Station No. 3.
Today: Rebecca is counting on you
Rebecca Foster needs your help with “Napa city council: Stop Justin Siena's Plans for a Strip Mall and Traffic Gridlock on Solano Avenue!”. Join Rebecca and 1,158 supporters today.