We, the parents, teachers and students of Mission San Jose Elementary, including concerned community members call on the Fremont Unified School District to keep Mr. Chuck Graves as Principal of Mission San Jose Elementary.
In his five year tenure, Mr. Graves has brought many positive changes into leading Mission San Jose Elementary school on to a path of excellence in every aspect of academia and student enrichment.
* With rapid changes in curriculum, he has helped plan and implement smooth transitions for all stakeholders.
* He has supported the growth of enrichment programs in all areas of academia, sports and cultural activities which is an intricate part of our community at MSJE
* In addition to his administrative duties, he also stepped in as the basketball coach this past year, resulting in the boys and girls teams placing #1 and #3 respectively
* He has been an outstanding advocate for the school. He is not only a Principal to our kids but a mentor, a coach and a great Teacher
* Most importantly, he has taken the time to understand the community and continues to help build an environment where our children can thrive in a diverse community.
Mr. Graves is well-loved and admired by his staff, MSJE teachers, parents and children. This has been rare at MSJE until his arrival, not because others were poor leaders but, because Mr. Graves has the unique capabilities required to get the best out of and for this community. His focused, hard-working, assertive, approachable, no-nonsense attitude has been the necessary ingredients to navigate the community environment.
We are deeply concerned that the disruption caused by his departure will be incredibly detrimental for staff motivation and parent involvement in the school issues, which will adversely affect the children’s academic environment and performance.
We urge the Fremont Unified School District to have Mr. Chuck Graves continue as Principal of Mission San Jose Elementary School.