Best Buy, Please Stop Charging Your Customers A Recycling Fee.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Dear Mr. Hubert Joly, Chairman & CEO of Best Buy:
Thank you for making Best Buy's Recycling program, the most comprehensive appliance and electronics recycling programs in the United States. According to your website:
- “ Best Buy collects more than 400 pounds of product for recycling every minute your stores are open. Your company has collected and responsibly disposed of more than 1 billion pounds of electronics and appliances, making you the largest retail collection program in the U.S.”
Like others, we’ve seen the horrific impact of electronic waste [e-waste] and cannot in good conscience dump our old TVs, computers, cell phones, etc. into a dumpster.
Best Buy's commitment to responsibly reduce our electronic waste is admirable and with an estimated revenue of more than $42 billion in fiscal 2018, Best Buy is financially strong as well.
- Recently we loaded our 15 yr. old Flat Screen T.V. in the car and drove several miles to nearest Best Buy Recycling Center.
- Once there, we were shocked to learn that a profitable store like Best Buy would charge us $25 to recycle our old Flat Screen T.V.
- I mentioned to the sales associate that the fee could actually deter others from recycling.
Best Buy should know that since the earth is our only home, leaving a smaller ecological footprint is not only essential, but could be profitable as well.
- By offering free recycling programs Best Buy would indicate its commitment to sustainable solutions and attract lifelong customers + team members. Such loyalty would ensure that Best Buy survives an economic downturn as well as profits during a robust economy.
Please stop charging a recycling fee to your customers. It will reduce the effectiveness of your current recycling efforts and more importantly add an additional burden to our ravaged planet.
Thank you so much for your help in reducing the electronic waste and keeping our planet livable for generations to come.
Today: Hanna is counting on you
Hanna Essenburg needs your help with “Mr. Hubert Joly, Chairman & CEO of Best Buy: Best Buy, Please Stop Charging Your Customers A Recycling Fee.”. Join Hanna and 246 supporters today.