Remove CARE CORPORATION from Montgomery County Animal Shelter and REVOKE the CONTRACT
This petition had 4,246 supporters
The Montgomery County Animal Shelter in Conroe, TX takes in anywhere from 23,000 to 27,000 animals per year. At any given time, the shelter, designed to hold 750 animals, holds as many as 950 animals. Since the takeover of the shelter by new management in January 2015, major issues have developed. The situation has become completely unacceptable....Montgomery County Commissioners, you know that there are major problems with the management of the shelter. You are the elected officials charged with the oversight of this facility and the animals therein.
* Massive staff turnover.
* Retaliation against volunteers and employees for voicing concerns.
* Extremely poor communication between Care Corp and volunteers or rescue groups.
* Insufficient sick clinic hours for foster animals.
* Inadequate veterinary care (when available at all).
* Loss of access to outside vets for sick and injured animals.
* Sick or injured animals residing in the shelter going untreated.
* Improper documentation of medications and treatments.
* Rampant illness, especially respiratory and distemper.
* Lack of proper training and supervision of employees.
* That you immediately revoke the Care Corp’s contract for the management of the Montgomery County Animal Shelter.
* That the county immediately resume direct control of the day to day operations of the shelter.
* That the county hire an experienced team to manage the shelter on an interim basis while a full search is done for qualified candidates for the positions of shelter manager and head veterinarian.
* That the county require the new management, both interim and permanent, to treat all people and animals with appropriate dignity, respect, kindness, and professionalism.
Today: Tonya is counting on you
Tonya Bohannon needs your help with “Montgomery County Commisioners: Remove CARE CORPORATION from Montgomery County Animal Shelter and REVOKE the CONTRACT”. Join Tonya and 4,245 supporters today.