Freedom to use vehicle registered in any State of India in any other State.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500!
- We buy a vehicle in one state / district and register it with the local RTO.
- We pay road tax (One time tax) to the State for duration of 15 years.
- If we move to another State, we are required to obtain NOC from the RTO and re-register the vehicle in the new State.
- RTO laws do not allow us to ply the vehicle registered in another State more than one month without paying taxes and re-registering.
- We may not get the road tax back and we have to repay the road tax to the new State.
- Change the RTO rules -- Allow a vehicle registered in any State to used in any other State without having to change the number plate. The vehicle details should be traceable online in any State.
- Make the registration of vehicles uniform across all the States of India. Number plate to be functional as identification across the Nation.
- Road tax to be payed to the Central Government and not to the State Government.
- National level database to be updated.
- De-registration and re-registration should be online. Request to be filed online. Pay RTO fees online. NOC to be marked as OK/not-OK online by RTO officials.
- Link this with Aadhaar Card number.
- Police can update the database immediately if any case is registered on the vehicle. RTO can then deny the NOC for transfer to new RTO.
- Many of us are aware that national level database of vehicles "VAHAN" is being updated by the Government. But the RTO laws do not allow us to ply the vehicle registered in another State more than one month without paying taxes and re-registering.
My request -- Please allow vehicles registered in any State of India to be used in any other State without having to re-register. Collect road tax at National level and not State level.
Use online VAHAN database and expand the reach up to every citizen and traffic police. It will save time, money and mental agony of vehicle owners. Also, the time of RTO and traffic police will be saved and offenders will be caught effectively.
Today: Jagdish is counting on you
Jagdish Gujar needs your help with “Ministry of Road Transport & Highways: Freedom to use vehicle registered in any State of India in any other State.”. Join Jagdish and 1,102 supporters today.