South Africa taking global lead to ban fireworks for environmental reasons
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
This is an appeal for a Nationwide Ban on the use of Fireworks as it:
- pollutes the air with harmful and toxic gases and particulates
- contributes to global warming by emitting large amounts of carbon dioxide and producees harmful gasses that is destroying the ozone layer
- pollutes water with heavy metals and perchlorates
- harms pets, animals and birds
- is a fire hazard
- generates unnecessary trash
- it is a safety issue, harmful to health, can injure and maim and can cause permanent hearing loss
- noisy and inconsiderate to neighbours
- causes stress and worry, both in the fear of potential danger and noise pollution.
- South Africa is taking global lead to ban fireworks for environmental reasons like global warming and for animal welfare.
- only selfish people use fireworks for pleasure at the expense of damaging the environment and causing stress to animals
- it is a waste of money, the money can rather be used to feed the poor and hungry
- send a message to your local and national government representative or write to newspapers or share it on social media.
- widely supported by community based organisations
Today: Nelson is counting on you
Nelson Tshabalala needs your help with “Minister of Water and Environmental Affairs : South Africa taking global lead to ban fireworks for environmental reasons”. Join Nelson and 220 supporters today.