PLANE HELL: TOO EARLY, TOO LATE, TOO NOISY, TOO LOW… TOO MANY!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
Anyone living under a flight path will tell you one thing: it’s plane hell. For residents of Camberwell and other parts of South London it’s fast becoming a nightmare.
The Plane Hell campaign was born in response to local residents noticing an increase in the number of planes flying over a particular area of Camberwell, almost without a break, and starting as early as 4.30am.
The main issue for Southwark is noise from overflying aircraft on approach to land at Heathrow and London City Airports.
To get an idea about what it’s like to experience ongoing disruption as a result of plane noise then click here for the thoughts of local resident Bridget Bell.
- Enable residents to achieve at least 7 hours sleep, the minimum recommended by WHO (World Health Organisation) for good health, and ban all flights between 11pm - 6am (better still 7am) under all circumstances apart from mayday emergencies.
- Ensure any remaining night routes avoid populated areas to mitigate the impact of aircraft noise.
- Noise mitigation should be the key issue up to at least 7000 feet for any plane flying below this.
- Keep aircraft higher for longer by utilising Continuous Descent Approaches which reduce noise because they require less engine thrust and keep planes above 6000 feet.
- Stop aircraft concentrating over residential areas and adopt multiple routes to avoid concentration of planes over particular communities.
- Stop the impact on mental and physical health caused by aircraft noise and aircraft pollution flying low over residential areas and keep planes above 6000 feet.
- Take the whine out of arriving aircraft.
Sound fair? Then join us in calling upon the Minister for Aviation to listen to the residents of Camberwell, and London, and respond to the demands listed above.
Today: Bridget is counting on you
Bridget Bell needs your help with “Minister for Aviation: PLANE HELL: TOO EARLY, TOO LATE, TOO NOISY, TOO LOW… TOO MANY!”. Join Bridget and 964 supporters today.