Stop La Quinta on Jacklin Milpitas
This petition made change with 1,814 supporters!
Please attend the next City Council Hearing on this project - April 07, 7 PM @ Milpitas City Hall.
The proposed 5-STORY, 105-ROOM HOTEL could soon dominate our residential neighborhood’s skyline! This WILL happen unless the residents of Milpitas take a stand against mindless commercialization of residential neighborhoods.
• Built-up Area 300% Over the Permissible Limit: Project is requesting a F.A.R. (Floor Area Ratio) that is 300% of the permissible limit. Increase in F.A.R. would allow a towering 5-story, 200-foot wide hotel to be built in a zone meant for low-rise buildings.
• Unhealthy Precedent of High-Rise in Residential Area: If the hotel's demand for the extremely large exception to F.A.R. is approved, it will be used as a precedent by all future developers to build increasingly taller and bigger structures in residential areas. This would ultimately ruin the peaceful and serene character of our city's residential neighborhoods.
• Increased Traffic: Hotel would likely increase traffic and pedestrian accidents, around the narrow Hillview Drive and the busy Jacklin/Hillview intersection, during and after construction. This would directly impact all families with children in Milpitas high school and Thomas Russell middle school.
• Increased Risk to Our Children’s Safety: KinderCare and the Tian Tian Chinese School are adjacent to the proposed hotel. Thomas Russell Middle & Milpitas High School students pass by this site on foot & bikes daily.
• Alcohol Distribution Next to Schools: Project requests approval of license for distribution of beer and wine, though it is less than 100 feet from KinderCare and Tian Tian preschool and after-school.
• Adverse Impact to Quality of Life: Hotel would diminish the safe residential character of the nearby neighborhood. It would increase the risk of increased incidents and criminal activity, with quick escape on I-680.
• Visual Dominance and Impact to Beautiful Hill Views: A 5-story hotel would tower over the surrounding one and two-story homes, and would dominate the hill views from many homes and trails around Hillview.
• Loss of Privacy: Preschool playgrounds, backyards & bedrooms would be visible from some hotel rooms.
• Inadequate Parking: Only 105 parking spaces for 105 rooms, including ADA and EV parking. No provision for employee or guest parking. Hotel parking would spill over into the nearby residential neighborhood.
• Reduced Property Values: Negative impact on property values during and after construction.
• Disruptive Construction: Disruptive, noisy demolition and construction, with 450 dump truck trips for 12-18 months.
• Questionable Location and Viability: Hotel would be located immediately adjacent to a residential neighborhood with no supporting restaurants or shopping close by. Hotel would not be near the commercial and industrial areas of Milpitas. There are already two hotels within one mile of the proposed hotel.
We need to STOP this proposal NOW! Our neighborhoods deserves BETTER.
Today: Milpitas Residents is counting on you
Milpitas Residents needs your help with “Milpitas City Council: Stop La Quinta on Jacklin Milpitas”. Join Milpitas Residents and 1,813 supporters today.