Genetic engineering is a radical technology that breaks
down genetic barriers between humans, plants and animals.
Once released, these genetically modified organisms (GMOs)
can easily spread and interbreed with other organisms, and they are virtually
impossible to recall back to the laboratory.
Monsanto provides roughly 90% of GMO seeds in the world. These seeds have
been genetically modified to produce their own pesticide or survive repeated
spraying of their toxic herbicide Roundup. Monsanto’s GMOs are not designed
to increase yields to feed the world, but rather to increase Monsanto’s profits
by increasing the use of chemicals such as Roundup and selling their highpriced
patented seeds which farmers must buy every year.
Due to the enormous political clout of Monsanto, the American public is
being denied the right to know whether their foods are genetically engineered
or not. Following is a list of 10 facts about Monsanto and GMOs, and how they
can adversely affect your health, local farmers, and the planet.
10 things you should know about Monsanto:
1. No GMO Labeling Laws in the USA!
2. Lack of Adequate FDA / USDA Safety Testing
3. Monsanto Puts Small Farmers out of Business
Farmer Suicides After GMO Crop Failures
4. Monsanto Products Pollute the Developing World
500,000 Agent Orange Babies
5. Monsanto Blocking Government Regulations
6. Monsanto Guilty of False Advertising & Scientific FRAUD
7. Consumers Reject Bovine Growth Hormone rBGH in Milk
8. GMO Crops Do NOT Increase Yields
9. Monsanto Controls U.S. Soy Market
10. Monsanto's GMO Foods Cause NEW Food Allergies