- Mike DangerProgram Director
- Sue MunnVP/General Manager
Remove Kimberly and Beck as hosts of 'The Breakfast Buzz'
On May 21st, Kimberly and Beck, the hosts of 'The Breakfast Buzz' on 98.9 The Buzz in Rochester, NY disparaged transgender individuals in light of the recent move by the City of Rochester to include transgender health benefits for employees. Below are a few of the disgraceful things said by the hosts:
- "Transgender or gender nonconforming. What the hell does that mean? Like you're not a woman or a man??"
- "The dude can look like a lady and the city is going to pay for it!"
- "Does that mean then if women want a boob job they'll pay for a boob job because that's only right."
- "The services that will be paid for under the new coverage - gender reassignment surgery, PSYCHOLOGICAL COUNSELING, because you're probably a NUTJOB to begin with!"
- "It's a slippery slope. Then if some woman can go to a doctor and it'd be proven that she's got mental issues because her rack's not big enough then you know what? she deserves a boob job, Right Kimberly? Or she deserves liposuction."
- "Right, IF YOU CAN PROVE YOU'RE A NUT, I guess."
This incident has made headlines nationally and brings shame to our community. This is not talk that is representative of Rochester and we need to make our voice heard. Please urge Entercom Rochester to take corrective action immediately and call for the removal of Kimberly and Beck from the station.
- Program Director
- VP/General Manager
Remove Kimberly and Beck as hosts of 'The Breakfast Buzz' for their disgraceful comments on transgendered individuals.
John Lukach started this petition with a single signature, and won with 4,477 supporters. Start a petition to change something you care about.
Today: John is counting on you
John Lukach needs your help with “Mike Danger: Remove Kimberly and Beck as hosts of 'The Breakfast Buzz'”. Join John and 4,476 supporters today.