Fix Age of Mythology: Extended Edition
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
Starting this off with a positive note, Age of Mythology: Extended Edition has sold over 1,200,000 copies! This shows that there is still a large amount of people that care about the franchise. However...
Since the release of the game, Microsoft has not devoted
sufficient resources towards ensuring that the product’s quality
is up to modern standards, favoring Age of Empires 2 HD over
it. As such, the game is in a state where a significant chunk
of players can not play multiplayer due to performance problems, or even launch the game.
While the base game has gotten really good reviews, the Tale
of The Dragon DLC is currently at a rather disappointing 41%.
There is also a tendency of multiplayer based negative reviews,
and single player based positive reviews, when looking at
the base game, indicating that people are more often than not unable to enjoy the multiplayer experience.
We ask for the following actions to be taken in order for the
game to become usable (we consider this to be the bare
- Fix performance issues. The game’s hardware
requirements are not accurate, misleading
buyers. Ensure the requirements match what
the store page claims (30FPS @min graphics
using min req. In a 3v3 with max. army).
- Multiplayer performance is especially bad, and
locking framerate does not work on many
systems, causing heavy hardware use when
- Fix game breaking issues, including, but not
limited to the below. Forgotten Empires and
Skybox have with the community’s help compiled
a massive list of bugs.
- Fix the deteriorated pathfinding (it’s worse than
in the original). Including units clipping into
objects and getting stuck.
- Fix crashes, and the still present out of sync
- Fix online rating reset bugs (people often end up
with millions of ELO, or get reset to the starting
1600 due to this bug).
- Fix gameplay bugs that require code fixes,
such as unfinished Isis monuments blocking god
powers,units getting stuck in their animations,
etc (refer to Forgotten Empires’ list).
- Fix maps. Some of them do not respect the
team the players are on, and mix up spawning
positions, making team games a bad experience.
- Fix graphical deterioration. The quality of models
and textures at the standard zoom is below
what it was in the original game 15 years ago.
- Lighting and color schemes need to be looked at,
as they are not clear enough.
- Numerous bugs cause graphical glitches, which
need fixing (texture colors disappearing, 4bit
alphas bugging the entire screen).
To compensate for the nearly 5 years of lacking, neglectful
support, we would like the following to be considered. We
believe that this is the required list of things for Microsoft
to win back the trust of the AoM player base:
- Party system. Currently it is not possible to
choose your team mates for a ranked match.
- Separate 1v1 and Team Game ratings. Ties
into the above.
- Support the modding community and fix their
long list of issues.
- Revert rating algorithm to what the original game
used - this is what the players are used to. In
contrast to the new one, it does not reward
beating low level players.
- Online chat should have multiple channels and URL support. Other
steam based RTS games have done this,
therefore claims of this being impossible have
been misleading from the developers.
- Provide ranked statistics to players.
- Pay attention to us. The official community
forums have no activity because there are no
events, no way to share replay files, and thus people have no incentive to engage.
- Improve the quality of the Tale of the Dragon
DLC’s art (units, anims, buildings) through
Forgotten Empires. They clearly have been
forced to push out a rushed product, not
up to the standards of what we expect from
an Age game.
- Fix voice-over volume issues in the TotD
- Provide at least 1 year of balancing support
through Forgotten Empires.
- Host tournaments for the community, or empower the community to do so better.
- Improve communication with your community.
We have been promised various things, of which
little was delivered. The new MS producer
(after Ryan Chaply) has not made a single post
about how problems will be addressed - we are
sitting in wait for something to happen.
Support forums are fully community based,
and never get dev replies.
We, the undersigned call upon Microsoft Studios to empower
Forgotten Empires and Skybox with sufficient resources and
time to realise these goals and undo the damage to the
community and Microsoft Studios’ image.
Complete your signature
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!