Drop the Metrobus proposal to remove footway space at Bedminster Parade, including the footway running along the outside of the Imperial Arcade, for road widening
This petition made change with 346 supporters!
A particular issue with the Metrobus/BRT3 is the proposal to remove pedestrian space in Bedminster. Very few people are aware of this. The proposal at Bedminster Parade will also result in even narrower traffic lanes resulting in cyclists being squeezed, where conditions are already hostile for cyclists.
Since we started this petition, local people have raised the following problems with the proposal to remove the footway:
1. It is sometimes quite smokey inside the arcade. One person who spoke to us has serious chest problems due to working with aspestos ,and uses the footway to avoid the smoke.
2. The arcade is not a right of way and so the route through it is not guarenteed.
3. Many people use the footway to avoid the arcade at night bacause it doesn't feel safe. The planners want to actually block off the side exits to the arcade, so people would be penned in rather like a long subway.
4. When the arcade is congested, people can avoid this by using the footway
5. There is widespread dislike of the Metrobus proposals in general.
Today: Mike is counting on you
Mike Ginger needs your help with “Metrobus Project Team and Mayor of Bristol: Drop the Metrobus proposal to remove footway space at Bedminster Parade, including the footway running along the outside of the Imperial Arcade, for road widening”. Join Mike and 345 supporters today.