Support for a New Nigeria
Support for a New Nigeria
THE NEW NIGERIA GROUP
We believe that our Country has chronically underperformed and much of this has been caused by leadership that lacked integrity, revelling in corruption, nepotism and criminality and effectively making Nigeria endemically corrupt. The New Nigeria we seek must be birthed by a crop of Nigerians who are principled and with high moral and spiritual strength to stand up for what is right and righteous.
To make Nigeria become a first-world nation, where all the citizens live in harmony, are treated equally to achieve peace and prosperity for all (A Nation that works for all).
We plan to mobilize like-minded citizens to install enlightened, visionary and committed leadership in Nigeria that will motivate the country to optimize its human & material resources to attain global competitiveness in a nation where justice, equity and fair play reign supreme, resulting in happy and contented citizens.
THE CONVENER - MAZI SAMUEL OHUABUNWA
Mazi Samuel Iheanyichukwu Ohuabunwa is an erudite scholar, corporate executive and a pharmacist of note whose visionary leadership and administrative acumen have proven a clean record of excellence in the Pharmaceutical Industry in Nigeria.
As Chairman/CEO, he applied his managerial skill to uplift the Company to a very intimidating height in the nation’s pharmaceutical industry. In 1997, Mazi Sam Ohuabunwa led the Management Buy-Over of Pfizer Inc. shares in Pfizer Products Plc., transforming the resultant company - Neimeth International Pharmaceuticals Plc into a medium-sized Nigerian R&D Based Pharmaceutical company.
He is a Fellow, Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria (PSN); Fellow, West African Postgraduate College of Pharmacy; Fellow, Nigeria Institute of Marketing (NIMARK); Fellow, Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR); and Fellow, Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM).
Services to the Nation and Wider Society
Mazi is currently the President of the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria (PSN), and has served in the following positions;
• Chairman, Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG)
• President, Nigeria Employers’ Consultative Association (NECA) • President, Nigeria-American Chamber of Commerce
• Chairman, Worldwide Healthcare Limited,
• Chairman, Multimesh Communications Limited,
• Director, Federal Redstar Express (FEDEX)
• Chief Executive Officer, Pfizer Pharmaceutical Nigeria
• Chairman/Chief Executive Officer, Neimeth PLC.
• President, Manufacturers Association of Nigeria (MAN) Ikeja Branch
• Chairman, Arochukwu Community Bank,
• Convener, Abia Think-Tank on Business and Industrial Development Religious Affiliations.
• Chairman, Abia State University Teaching Hospital
• Board Member, Subsidy Re-Investment and Empowerment Program (SURE-P).
Mazi Sam Ohuabunwa is a visionary leader and a man of destiny, who will bring great Unity and Economic Development to Nigeria. He holds the national honours of Officer of the Federal Republic (OFR), Member Order of Niger (MON) and National Productivity Order of Merit (NPOM).
He envisions a new type of Nigeria in which public administrators govern Nigeria in such a way that the country pays more dividends to its citizens and residents.