Stop Blocking 4th Ave E
This petition made change with 229 supporters!
As citizens of the City of Tuscaloosa and residents of the Cedar Crest area, we urge that the City stop needlessly blocking access to 15th Street via 4th Ave. E. There is are extreme safety concerns, traffic congestion and general unease about this decision. Something might need to be done about the traffic in the Cedar Crest area, but forcing all homeowners and Gates at Cedar Crest residents onto residential streets in order to access main thoroughfares cannot be the right answer.
What we know so far (more recent updates posted below in the "Updates" section):
- Some Cedar Crest residents worked with the Mayor of Tuscaloosa and the City Engineers to prohibit residents of the area access to 4th Ave E at 15th St.
- This "90 day test" could lead to permanent road closure.
- Wouldn't everyone's interests be better served by allowing drivers direct access to 15th at the intersection with 4th Ave E? This would reduce traffic for the residents of the neighborhood and allow residents of The Gates at Cedar Crest and those Cedar Crest residents whose homes are nearer the railroad tracks the direct access to 15th we are all accustomed to.
- With the opening of Little Ceaser's, Dicks Sporting Goods and The Fresh Market, Dr. Edward Hilliard Dr is experiencing extreme congestion, leading cars being stuck in the middle of crossing multiple lanes. What is an emergency vehicle needed to access the neighborhood. Such congestion could be dangerous.
- Many times throughout the day, traffic on Hilliard drive backs all the way to and over the railroad tracks. What if a train comes?
Given the above facts, we strongly urge the City of Tuscaloosa, the Mayor and the City Engineer to stop blocking 4th Ave E and allow area residents reasonable access to 15th Street.
Today: Nick is counting on you
Nick James needs your help with “Mayor of Tuscaloosa, City of Tuscaloosa Engineer, Richard Crawford: Stop Blocking 4th Ave E”. Join Nick and 228 supporters today.