Save Our Fillmore Neighborhood
This petition had 391 supporters
If approved by the city of San Francisco, Shell Auto Repair will be bulldozed and replaced by a 3000+sf 24 hour chain convenience store (called Loop). More gas pumps will also be added. The Shell Auto Repair Shop at 2501 California Street has been servicing our community for over 80 years. We need this honest, small local business that really helps us & services our cars NOT a 7/11 with a salad bar.
Why should you be outraged?
- Mega convenience store belongs on freeway rest stop not Pacific Heights.
- 24 Hour super size convenience stores have shown to increase crime.
- More Gas Pumps+ Already Busy & Dangerous intersection= Safety Issue.
- Uptick in traffic but not likely increased business for local businesses.
- Loop chain store will undercut prices of other local business putting our local merchants at a disadvantage
All this diverts & blocks locals & customers from shopping & eating in Fillmore Street area. We need to keep services in our neighborhood.
We the undersigned demand this project be stopped Now!
Today: Friends of is counting on you
Friends of The Fillmore Neighborhood needs your help with “Mark Farrell: Save Our Fillmore Neighborhood”. Join Friends of and 390 supporters today.