- Bob May (Co-Chairman)Co-Chairman
- Maple Lodge Farms
- Michael BurrowsCEO
- Jack MayCo-Chairman
- Carol GardinDirector of Corporate Affairs
Tell Maple Lodge Farms to Stop Torturing Animals
Hidden-camera video from behind the scenes at a Maple Lodge Farms slaughterhouse reveals sickening cruelty to animals who are tortured to death in the name of cheap meat.
The heart-wrenching video shows:
- Countless birds freezing to death when trucked to slaughter in freezing temperatures
- Crates of chickens callously thrown and dropped several feet onto a conveyor belt
- Chickens getting the wings or heads crushed in cage doors, causing severe pain, injury and death
- Workers violently slamming fragile chickens upside down into shackles, often breaking legs and wings
- Birds left in cages and sent through the scalding hot industrial machines while still alive
- Animals having their throats sliced open while still conscious and able to feel pain
Mercy For Animals Canada is calling on Maple Lodge Farms—the biggest poultry producer in Canada—to adopt meaningful animal welfare policies to prevent this horrendous cruelty to animals at its facilities.
Please, take a moment to sign the petition urging Maple Lodge Farms to stop torturing chickens.
Then please share the hidden-camera video with friends and encourage them to take action too. And if you haven’t done so already, please consider ending your support for this needless cruelty altogether by adopting a compassionate vegan diet.
Bob May (Co-Chairman)
- Maple Lodge Farms
- Director of Corporate Affairs
The cruelty to animals captured on video at your facility is unconscionable and has no place in a civilized society—birds freezing to death during transport, animals dropped, thrown, and violently slammed upside down into metal shackles, and animals having their throats sliced open while still conscious and able to feel pain.
Please end this abuse!
As the biggest poultry producer in Canada, Maple Lodge Farms has the power, and the responsibility, to ensure that animals in its facilities are not tortured.
I am writing to ask Maple Lodge Farms to adopt meaningful animal welfare policies and oversight at its farms and slaughterhouses to end the needless suffering of millions of animals in its supply chain.
This policy should include:
- Phasing out conventional slaughter methods in favor of less cruel systems that eliminate the horrific suffering caused by dumping, shackling, shocking, and slitting the throats of conscious animals
- Prohibiting selective breeding of chickens for rapid growth, which often leads to crippling leg deformities
- Requiring supplier farms to provide birds with more space, clean litter, access to natural light, and environmental enrichments
- Ensuring that animals are not subjected to adverse heat, cold, or other extreme weather conditions during transport
These are common-sense changes that would greatly alleviate needless suffering for millions of animals. Many other leading food providers, including Nestlé, Costco, and Sodexo, have already taken action to address animal welfare in their supply chains. It is time for Maple Lodge Farms to do the same.
Please act quickly to end egregious animal abuse at your facilities and in your supply chain.
Mercy For Animals started this petition with a single signature, and now has 107,535 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.