Artificial colors in food increase the risk of disease and neural issues, especially in children.
- CEO, PepsiCo
- President, Kraft Foods
- and all American Food Manufacturers
- CEO, Kellogg's
Please stop using artificial colors in your food products. They are unnecessary and potentially hazardous to our health:
* Artificial colors are a petroleum industry derivative, not a food product.
* Artificial colors have been linked to cancer in lab animals
* Artificial colors may cause allergic reactions
* Artificial colors cause hyperactivity in some children
* Food products with Artificial dyes require warning labels in the UK
* Artificial colors are banned in several European countries
* Artificial colors provide absolutely no nutritional benefit
* Artificial colors are easily replaceable by natural coloring such as paprika and turmeric.
So why keep using them?
Companies like yours have shown that natural colorings can be used in products for the European market. Those very same products use artificial colors when manufactured for the US. Don't American kids deserve better?
In summary: Please remove Red #40, Yellow #5, Yellow #6, and Blue #2 from ALL foods you manufacture.
Fooducate started this petition with a single signature, and now has 21,100 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.