LET´S REDUCE DISPARITIES IN LUNG CANCER: WHAT MUST WE DO?
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
DIFFICULT ROADS OFTEN LEAD TO BEAUTIFUL DESTINATIONS. LET´S DO THE WALK TOGETHER!
Lung Cancer Europe (LuCE) represents lung cancer patients and caregivers, no matter the place they live, and we advocate for the best support as possible for all of them. But, as the last report evidences, disparities in diagnosis, treatment and care access exist between different European countries, so we need solutions. We encourage our collaborators in the fields of policy, science, research and civil society to read this report and we call on them to work together. The Report can be downloaded from www.lungcancereurope.eu
Call to action - LET´S REDUCE DISPARITIES: WHAT MUST WE DO?
Close the current gaps in access
- Shorten the time for new drugs to be introduced in member States
- Ensure the access of patients to clinical research across borders
- Harmonize HTA approaches
Collection of systematic data
Collect patient data to identify unmet needs
- Monitor the correct implementation of the EU Cross-Border Health Directive to ensure access to treatments
- Improve and harmonize data collection for patients in Europe
Common guidelines to set standards of care
- Develop and harmonize guidelines on lung cancer across Europe
- Ensure implementation of guidelines for lung cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Develop uniform national lung cancer plans
- Stimulate the development and accreditation of centres specializing in lung cancer across Europe, to create reference networks
Financial sustainability of healthcare systems
- Improve transparency about costs of research and development of new drugs
- Introduce new flexible payment procedures in pricing/ reimbursement negotiations
- Set a new approach in pricing based on the assessment of added value and cost-effectiveness of drugs for patients
- Follow ESMO Score of Clinical Benefit when deciding on reimbursement policies
- Ensure transparent and regulated drug pricing and reimbursement, and get more collaboration among nation states on price negotiations
- Promote individual patient engagement and involvement in advocacy
- Play a role in research, reimbursement and HTA, providing the patient input
- Involve patient organisations and health professionals in the decision-making process of new policies.
Today: Lung Cancer Europe is counting on you
Lung Cancer Europe needs your help with “Lung Cancer Europe: LET´S REDUCE DISPARITIES IN LUNG CANCER: WHAT MUST WE DO?”. Join Lung Cancer Europe and 116 supporters today.