Love Canvey: Canvey Island Seafront Rejuvenation
This petition had 2,109 supporters
Canvey Island Seafront is in need of capital investment by the local and County Council. With local residents and community groups taking the lead to tidy up, improve and beautify our local seafront, we have seen a large increase in visitors. However, you do not need to look far to see the lack of local and county council investment in our seafront. With more investment we could see a further increase in visitors, job creation and local wealth.
The purpose of this petition is to formally request our local councils to work together to improve facilities and infrastructure. Specifically but not limited to:
- Paving along the arcade areas with a vision to create a vibrant destination for food and drink. Paving should be free from trip hazards and suitable for all users.
- Improved access to toilet facilities which are maintained during busy summer periods
- Public green areas improved with better park and garden standards
- Improved and co-ordinated street scene furniture such as benches, signage, railings and bins
- A plan to create 'one seafront', linking Thorney Bay and Concorde Beach into one extended seafront by use of street scene furniture, paving and signage.
- Ensure council staff are available to maintain and care for the environment by litter picking, bin emptying, toilet and general maintenance.
- Adequate access to and from the seawall for people with mobility issues.
- Improved car parks, with increased capacity and surfaces.
By implementing a local development plan, Canvey Island can prosper beyond anything currently planned. Castle Point residents have taken the first steps but now require local leadership, care and investment.
It is with hope that Castle Point Council will be successful in obtaining a £1,000,000 government grant to improve Canvey Island seafront. The residents demand this grant should not be used to maintain areas of the seafront for which council tax is already paid to upkeep - green space, roads, footpaths and other facilities.
Today: Bradley is counting on you
Bradley Baisden needs your help with “Love Canvey: Canvey Island Seafront Rejuvenation”. Join Bradley and 2,108 supporters today.