Save the Red Crane Odessa Wharf in Surrey Quays
This petition had 358 supporters
- the Red Crane is the last crane surviving from the Surrey Docks - now the developers want to get rid of it!
- the LDDC preserved it as part the common heritage of the area and protected it with covenanted public land.
- since the handover 25 years ago the red Crane has sat harmlessly in its original position on the Thames Path and is a well known point of interest for ramblers, Thames tourist boats and locals. Please discover more about the Red Crane on line.
- Southwark has struck a secret commercial deal with a developer to privatise public land and remove and cut up the crane, in order to build luxury riverside flats, without public consultation. Please lend your support to SAVE OUR CRANE!
- Southwark says it will extend the Thames Path, but this will only be another 50 metres. In exchange London loses a part of its heritage and public recreational open space will be lost. Southwark cites that a small proportion of affordable homes will also be built as a result. But why should this entail the loss of the Red Crane?
- Southwark, if necessary, should only permit a re-development including the Crane in its present position and not its highly probable destruction and removal from where it has always been
- Your signature and support will help preserve public open space and a local much loved land mark.
Today: david is counting on you
david murphy needs your help with “London Borough of Southwark: Save the Red Crane Odessa Wharf in Surrey Quays”. Join david and 357 supporters today.