Let POD Point fix London's electric vehicle chargepoints. #FixLondonCharging
This petition had 619 supporters
We think that Londoners have suffered with poor electric vehicle charging and poor air quality for long enough. We want to fix that.
- London’s electric vehicle charging infrastructure is unreliable and obsolete.
- We believe fixing it is the key to improving air quality.
- We want to help and are offering to upgrade and maintain it free of charge.
In July 2015 the Evening Standard reported that air pollution, largely caused by exhaust emissions, is contributing to the deaths of thousands of Londoners every year. We believe the solution to London’s air quality problem is the adoption of zero emissions transport.
The first step to making this happen is to upgrade London’s existing EV charging estate which is unreliable and obsolete. It’s key that we have a reliable and properly maintained charging infrastructure in place; this will serve existing drivers and encourage others to make the switch to electric.
POD Point are happy to lead on this; we are offering to replace any broken or obsolete on-street London Borough chargepoint (from any manufacturer) with a brand new Open Charge POD Point free of charge with continued maintenance included. This will be at zero cost to both the Borough and EV drivers.
To make this happen we need your help. We are inviting you to support our initiative by signing this petition. Ask the boroughs to accept our proposal and let us #FixLondonCharging.
We were instrumental in the initial rollout of the capital’s charging infrastructure but we have seen it fall into a state of disrepair with many units now unreliable or obsolete. With the boroughs finding it hard to make a decision due to contractual logjams and EV charging seemingly a low priority in some cases, we have been unable to take positive action.
To make London a leader in zero emissions transport and sort out our air quality we first have to get the current London estate of charge points updated, maintained and reliable.
We are offering to upgrade any London Borough on-street chargepoint from any manufacturer with a new Open Charge POD Point at zero cost. The offer is free in all respects for both the boroughs and EV drivers. It also includes all the relevant maintenance and service level agreements required so we can make sure the network is well maintained.
We have already submitted our proposal to the 32 London boroughs & The City of London. The decision makers will be invited to our offices in Old Street on 24th February where we will formally present the proposal and this petition to them.
Why POD Point:
- London is our home. We frequently drive about the city in plug-in vehicles and have the same frustrations as other drivers at the poor state of public charging. We feel strongly that with a well maintained, reliable public network, London can become a world leader in zero emissions transport where air quality is no longer an issue.
- As an established leader in EV charging we have the experience and the team to make this happen and support the network. We’ve already shipped more than 20,000 chargepoints, provided over 12,000,000 miles of electric motoring and have a public network of 1,500 charging bays.
- Our Open Charge POD Points have been designed with drivers in mind; they are super reliable, easy to use and accessible to everyone with no need for membership or an RFID card. The network has received great feedback from the EV community so far.
You can help by supporting our campaign and signing this petition. Ask the boroughs to accept our proposal and let us #FixLondonCharging.
Today: POD Point is counting on you
POD Point needs your help with “London Borough Councils: Let POD Point Fix London's electric vehicle chargepoints. #FixLondonCharging”. Join POD Point and 618 supporters today.