Rename Limerick's Shannon Bridge the Baron J Kavanagh bridge
This petition had 287 supporters
The decision was taken on the 25th of February to rename the Shannon bridge in Limerick City after former American president John Fitzgerald Kennedy. While the people of Ireland of a certain generation do hold JFK's memory very dear, I posit that the bridge should instead be named after me for the following reasons:
- I'm actually from Limerick
- I live in Limerick
- I work in Limerick
- I went to school in Limerick
- I've never launched a furtive invasion of Cuba
- I don't have any nuclear missiles in Turkey
- I'm a less divisive figure in American politics
- I'll be available for the official naming ceremony
It took 52 signatures to petition Limerick City Council to rename one of our city's proud landmarks after a foreign politician. As a local businessman, charity worker, online commentator and all-round decent type, I think it should be named after me instead. Thank you for your time.
Today: Jimi is counting on you
Jimi Kavanagh needs your help with “Limerick City Council: Rename Limerick's Shannon Bridge the Baron J Kavanagh bridge”. Join Jimi and 286 supporters today.