Save 20k jobs- resume the MRT2 Project as it is!
This petition made change with 39,809 supporters!
The recent announcement of MRT2 Underground contract termination comes with a heavy price tag.
- The construction industry is already suffering a series of cancelled project tsunamis (HSR, ECRL, etc). Loss of revenue and potential investors continues to escalate.
- The MRT project has put Malaysia on the forefront of tunneling construction- it being undertaken by a fully local entity, MMC Gamuda (MGKT). It has proven that Malaysians are capable via its nation building programs, i.e. the Tunnel Training Academy, Young Engineer's Program, BIM Academy etc.
- The MRT network also serves areas previously unreachable via public transportation. To delay the Project any further by termination and re-tendering would incur massive reworks, cost and further frustrations to daily KL commuters.
- The worst impact of all? 20 000 jobs at stakes with the Project termination!
- With the re-tendering, the job will most likely go to a foreign contractor. Are we going to let local opportunities go just like that?
Sign the petition in solidarity with thousands of other Malaysians whose jobs will be affected. #prayforMRT2 #save20kjobs
Today: Joyce is counting on you
Joyce Raj needs your help with “Lim Guan Eng : Save 20k jobs- resume the MRT2 Project as it is!”. Join Joyce and 39,808 supporters today.