Save Knights of Columbus 4th Degree Regalia
This petition had 714 supporters
We the undersigned petition the Supreme Council of the Knights of Columbus to cease the needless effort to "update' or "modernize" our 4th Degree Regalia. The current regalia is imbued with meaning and history, and tracks with the nautical theme of the fourth degree. We are equally discouraged that the voice of 4th Degree, the Sir Knights of the Brotherhood, were not trusted enough to be consulted in considering changes to what we truly believe is a critical part of our heritage and spirit. We further believe that we are the visible arm of the order, and should reflect that part of the mission in visible regalia that lends spectacle and pomp and solemnity to the most crucial and special moments in our parishes and the lives of our Brother Knights and families. For these reasons, we the undersigned Sir Knights of the 4th Degree, petition the directors of the Supreme Council, including Supreme Knight Carl Anderson and Supreme Master Dennis Stoddard to immediately undertake the following actions:
- Cease the arbitrary implementation of the new 4th Degree uniform.
- Declare that the historic current regalia indefinitely remain the de facto dress of the 4th Degree.
- Convene a representative body of Sir Knights, Supreme Directors and other stakeholders to explore whether in fact changes to regalia are absolutely needed. Work collaboratively toward a new solution keeping in mind the historic mission of the degree and the practical concerns who have already invested considerable sums in current regalia.
- Further, explore the mission and message of the 4th degree to determine how we might present our order and our mission in a way that would be more appealing to younger Brother Knights, without focusing solely on externals.
- Rededicate the order to the four pillars of Charity, Unity, Fraternity and Patriotism, and clearly state that the fraternal elements of the order are of equivalent importance as the others, as our Venerable founder, Father Michael J. McGivney well knew.
Today: Wayne is counting on you
Wayne Collins needs your help with “Knights of Columubus Supreme Council: Save Knights of Columbus 4th Degree Regalia”. Join Wayne and 713 supporters today.