Ban Plastics in Kenyan National Parks
This petition had 938 supporters
I am an outdoor enthusiast in Nairobi, Kenya. I enjoy hiking in different national parks in the country every other weekend. Due to concerted efforts of tour agents and local government agencies, there has been a sharp increase in number of visitors in various hiking trails especially the ones listed below:-
- Elephant Hill - Aberdares National park
- Mt. Kipipiri Reserve
- Hells Gate National park
- Mt. Kenya National park
However the new crop of visitors come with destruction not seen before in these parks. A walk in the above trails will show tonnes of water bottles thrown all over esp in picnic spots. We wish to petition KWS to act as below:-
- Ban complete use of plastics in parks
- Put proper eco friendly waste disposal units at the gates in question
- Institute a rule where guests declare and surrender waste at hiking exit points
- Put appropriate signs and warnings on trails to keep remininding hikers.
For more information on this and other efforts to restore the trails contact me on email@example.com
Today: Munyaka is counting on you
Munyaka Njiru needs your help with “Kenya Wildlife Service: Ban Plastic Bottles in Kenyan National Parks”. Join Munyaka and 937 supporters today.