In current conditions, it is not viable economically for a Kannada film to be released worldwide as the cost of doing theatrical release is so high that filmmakers can't afford it. Not only is this affecting film making and artists, but also endangers the survival of Kannada language. We are also at the risk of losing an entire generation of audience living abroad as they are increasingly finding it difficult to get Kannada films. Opting for an online distribution system will benefit both the audience and the industry. While being a cost effective for the industry but it also helps in reaching out to audience from all corners of the globe.
Benefits for the Audience -
1. All Kannada movies are officially available in one place
2. You can watch it at your own home with your family on any of your internet enabled devices
3. Priced at less than 10% of the cost you'd otherwise be spending if you'd visit a movie theatre
4. Be connected to the new and old Kannada movies and thus to your language
5. Interact with the filmmakers and make filmmaking business a community supported art form.
6. You don't have to feel guilty for viewing pirated content, proudly watch movies Sin Free.
Benefits for the Film Industry -
1. Films reaching out to global audience
2. New market which will generate more revenue for the producers
3. New audience will trigger new kinds of films.
4. Unlimited shelf life for the films, because the film is available 24/7 all over the world.
Support us in communicating this to the Karnataka Film Chamber and Producers Association as they need to know that there is a demand. Please sign this petition and DO mention in the comment section why you are supporting this.
by Pawan Kumar, on behalf of all the supporters.