In current conditions, it is not viable economically for a Kannada film to be released worldwide as the cost of doing theatrical release is so high that filmmakers can't afford it. Not only is this affecting film making and artists, but also endangers the survival of Kannada language. We are also at the risk of losing an entire generation of audience living abroad as they are increasingly finding it difficult to get Kannada films. Opting for an online distribution system will benefit both the audience and the industry. While being a cost effective for the industry but it also helps in reaching out to audience from all corners of the globe.
Benefits for the Audience -
1. All Kannada movies are officially available in one place
2. You can watch it at your own home with your family on any of your internet enabled devices
3. Priced at less than 10% of the cost you'd otherwise be spending if you'd visit a movie theatre
4. Be connected to the new and old Kannada movies and thus to your language
5. Interact with the filmmakers and make filmmaking business a community supported art form.
6. You don't have to feel guilty for viewing pirated content, proudly watch movies Sin Free.
Benefits for the Film Industry -
1. Films reaching out to global audience
2. New market which will generate more revenue for the producers
3. New audience will trigger new kinds of films.
4. Unlimited shelf life for the films, because the film is available 24/7 all over the world.
Support us in communicating this to the Karnataka Film Chamber and Producers Association as they need to know that there is a demand. Please sign this petition and DO mention in the comment section why you are supporting this.
by Pawan Kumar, on behalf of all the supporters.
- Karnataka Film Chamber and Producers Association
I've just signed the following petition addressed to: Karnataka Film Chamber and Producers Association.
Make Kannada films available across the world through online release.
I'd like to show my support to this campaign.
I do agree that Kannada Films should be released online to reach out to all the Kannada audience who are living abroad and outside Karnataka. Very rarely Kannada films are released in the theaters and for a handful of shows. It is many times impossible to make time to catch these shows. Having the movie online will allow us to watch the movie at a time convenient to us and with our whole family in our own homes.
We don't want to watch pirated copies and we don't have any issues paying and watching it online if it is available legally in HD quality. In fact, we are glad to support the film industry and would like to see it shine.
So kindly make use of the available technology and let our Kannada movies reach out to a global audience.
Save Kannada language. Kannada films and Kannada artists. Thank You.
Pawan Kumar started this petition with a single signature, and now has 3,364 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.