Save Six California Hospitals by Urging Attorney General Kamala Harris to Approve DCHS’ Sale to Prime Healthcare
This petition had 54,777 supporters
Support the sale of Daughters of Charity Health Systems' (DCHS) six California hospitals and medical foundation to Prime Healthcare and urge Attorney General Kamala Harris to approve the sale, thus ensuring that the hospitals are able to continue providing essential health services to their communities.
Without this sale, there is a chance that DCHS' hospitals will not be able to continue operating. The DCHS sale to Prime Healthcare will allow the following:
1) By purchasing the DCHS hospitals and medical foundation, Prime Healthcare is ensuring a continuity of care while preserving the pension plans of DCHS workers past and present;
2) Prime Healthcare is committed to maintaining the DCHS hospitals in the communities they serve, including emergency rooms and trauma centers;
3) Prime Healthcare is committed to spending at least $150 million in capital improvements at the DCHS hospitals over the next three years;
4) Prime Healthcare is committed to maintaining DCHS charity care policies and funding a pastoral care program;
5) Prime Healthcare will assume existing union contracts.
For these reasons, we respectfully ask that Attorney General Kamala Harris act in the best interest of all Californians and approve the DCHS sale to Prime Healthcare.
Today: Daughters of Charity Health System (DCHS) is counting on you
Daughters of Charity Health System (DCHS) needs your help with “Kamala Harris: Save Six California Hospitals by Urging Attorney General Kamala Harris to Approve DCHS’ Sale to Prime Healthcare”. Join Daughters of Charity Health System (DCHS) and 54,776 supporters today.