JUSTICE FOR OLIVER Lets change these rules and policies Can you help?
0 have signed. Let’s get to 75,000!
This is Oliver's Petition please take a few minutes to read thank you.
Oliver was the most beautiful dog in the world who loved his walkies and playing in the park with his tennis balls.We will never get over finding our baby dead in our car, the way he died will haunt us forever he put his trust in us and we let him down, our, baby was priceless and we miss him so much. :(
Please if you can kindly sign my petition so hopefully the laws can be changed on animals travelling on ferries.#DogsOnFerries Oliver died on a DFDS ferry. DFDS’s rules and regulations mean that on some routes dogs travelling have to be kept in cars. Our trip was just two hours long.
- We followed all the procedures windows open lots of water as per DFDS rules, during the two-hour trip from Dover to Dunkirk we asked a member of staff if we could check on him and was told NO. Oliver died through overheating... Oliver died alone in our car.
- DID YOU KNOW... Cars can become as hot as an oven very quickly, even when it doesn’t feel that warm. When it is 22 degrees, in a car it can reach a temperature of 47 degrees within 60 minutes.
- These hot temperatures literally cook the brain and the delicate tissues of the body resulting in serious illness and frequent deaths.
- Oliver was subjected to this.
If you were to leave your dog in a car and the dog became ill or worse resulted in a death you can be charged with the offence of Animal Cruelty under the Animal Welfare Act 2006 if convicted of this crime you could face up to 6 months in custody and or a fine up to £20,000.
- So why aren't companies accountable too?
- Oliver was not allowed out of the car and subsequently died ALONE!!
- Please don't let Oliver's death be in vain. I am asking DFDS to stop forcing dog owners to keep their dogs in cars whilst travelling on ferries and to find alternative arrangements to keep dogs safe and happy.
- I want to make people aware if you are travelling with your pet on a ferry think before you decide to take your pet with you - the conditions aren't always safe.
- SO PLEASE HELP US CHANGE THESE RULES BEFORE ANOTHER ANIMAL DIES!
- PLEASE SIGN AND SHARE THANK YOU SO MUCH.
Today: lisa is counting on you
lisa hall needs your help with “JUSTICE FOR OLIVER Lets change these rules and policies Can you help?”. Join lisa and 53,473 supporters today.