VOTE NO on (PDC14-030 & PD14-030), a request for PD rezoning to allow for construction of a gas station/car wash tunnel/convenience store project in Canyon Creek Plaza on Silver Creek Valley Road.
This petition made change with 241 supporters!
The applicant’s case for approval of this project basically comes down to their belief that the project meets City regulations, solves for the inconvenience that they believe the community currently experiences, reduces miles driven, reduces tax leakage, conserves water, makes use of an under utilized parking lot, is similar to many other projects that the City has approved, therefore, this one should be approved too.
There is no proof, evidence or data that this project would provide any of the benefits that the applicants claim in making their case for approval.
- No reduction of miles driven
- No sales tax leakage
- No conservation of water
- No additional convenience
- Does not meet a demonstrated need within the community
- Does not utilize an underutilized property
- Is dissimilar from any other project the City has approved in the past
- Utilizes a parking study that is 19 months old
- Utilizes a noise study based on flawed methodology that does not reflect the reality of the noise generated by the project in a real-time manner
In addition, this project…
- Has not been recommended by the Planning Commission
- Does not comply with Riparian Corridor Policy Study Guidline1B: Incompatible Land Uses
- Does not comply with Riparian Corridor Policy Study Guideline 2F: Noise
- Creates unacceptable traffic circulation within the shopping center
- Does not provide a car-wash stacking lane that complies with the City requirement
- Creates the danger of fuel tanker spills very close to an active and important creek
- Limits the future use of the property and would require a very expensive clean up, to be used for anything other than a gas station, limiting the interest of potential developers
- Has not demonstrated that it is needed or desired by the community
- Has not demonstrated that the community is currently inconvenienced and that this project represents wanted convenience
- Represents a threat to existing business
- Eliminates parking that the existing businesses need in order to grow
- Goes into direct competition with the anchor tenant of the Plaza
For all of the above stated reasons we strongly urge the City Council to DENY the request for zoning change
Today: Keep Evergreen Green is counting on you
Keep Evergreen Green needs your help with “Johnny Khamis: VOTE NO on (PDC14-030 & PD14-030), a request for PD rezoning to allow for construction of a gas station/car wash tunnel/convenience store project in Canyon Creek Plaza on Silver Creek Valley Road.”. Join Keep Evergreen Green and 240 supporters today.