Sack Tony Blair as the Middle East "Peace Envoy"
This petition had 58,844 supporters
WANT BLAIR GONE AS "PEACE ENVOY"? HERE'S YOUR CHANCE TO MAKE IT HAPPEN
Friday 27th June 2014 will mark the seventh year that Tony Blair has served as the Quartet Representative to the Middle East. This is an urgent call to end this insult to the region’s people by having him sacked as the so-called “Peace Envoy.”
SEVEN REASONS FOR SEVEN YEARS
To mark the occasion, here are seven reasons to #SackBlair for the seven years he has been in the role.
1) War = Peace?! Tony Blair and George W Bush’s illegal invasion of Iraq destroyed an entire Middle Eastern society.
2) Pro-Israeli bias Both as Prime Minister and Envoy, Blair has shown a consistent and blatant bias towards Israel.
3) 7 years bad luck for Palestine The last seven years have shown Blair either incapable or unwilling to achieve anything meaningful for the Palestinian people.
4) Conflict of interest? The way Blair works, it is often unclear where his envoy role ends and his business interests begin.
5) Peace Envoy = Warmonger?! Since his appointment Blair has repeatedly called for yet more Middle Eastern wars – in Iran, Syria and now Iraq again.
6) Living like a V.I.P. – on our V.A.T. As Envoy Blair has luxuriated Jerusalem’s poshest hotel at the taxpayer’s expense, while families in the Occupied Territories struggle to feed their children.
7) Advising autocrats Alongside his envoy role, Blair has been hiring himself out to tyrants with histories of human rights abuses.
THIS IS OUR TIME
With Tony Blair’s outrageous comments and Iraq in flames across the news, there’s no better time than now to launch this campaign.
Professor Chomsky, British MPs from both major parties and 3 former UK ambassadors to the Middle East already support our campaign. Now it’s your turn.
Sign the petition.
Today: Sack Blair is counting on you
Sack Blair campaign needs your help with “John Kerry: Sack Tony Blair as the Middle East "Peace Envoy"”. Join Sack Blair and 58,843 supporters today.