Save the Aran Islands Aeroplane Service
This petition had 5,890 supporters
- "It’s a bit worrying to be stranded, particularly for a business here. They rely on the air service for its reliability, in a place where boats often simply can’t approach in winter because of the severity of storms."
- "If a business-owner here wants to send a Fedex for example or something that simply can’t wait, that service is essential, while cargo can only be brought in and out by air."
- "I don’t believe that they currently have the kind of helicopters that can handle the weather we get out here, which is nothing personal, good luck to them for landing the tender. The kind of helicopters that can are simply too expensive."
- "I don’t think we’re even talking about a danger here because a trained pilot isn’t going to look at ferocious weather and then decide to go up in the air risking his own life."
- “The people of the Aran Islands are hugely concerned by this decision”
- Aer Arann provided a priceless service to the Islands. It was also just a puddle jump from the Airport on the mainland in Connemara to the three Aran Islands.
- Quotes taken from various sources, mainly local man Ruairí de Blacam of Inis Meáin.
- Sign this petition to show that we cannot and will not stand to lose such a essential service to the Islands. We can try and convince the minister that made the decision - Tom McHugh (Minister of State at the Department of Arts, Heritage and Gaeltacht Affairs and the Department of Communications) to think again, and perhaps we can reach a comprise! Thank you.
Today: Arron is counting on you
Arron Rabbitte needs your help with “Joe McHugh T.D. : Save the Aran Islands Aeroplane Service”. Join Arron and 5,889 supporters today.