FIGHT to legalize sugar gliders in Ottawa, Ontario!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Ottawa should legalize sugar gliders to be kept as pets. The law where people cannot own exotic pets is irrational and unfair because it also affects sugar gliders.
Sugar gliders are marsupials native to Australia, Tasmania, Indonesia and Papua-New Guinea and are closely related to koalas and kangaroos. They are mammals and adults weight about 4 to 5 ounces. Sugar glider recognize the people that handle them and express pleasure and displeasure. They can live up to 15 years in captivity.
The reasons on why Sugar gliders should be legal are:
- Sugar gliders are completely harmless. They don't bite often but when they do, if they are severely threatened and are in danger. Their bites feel like a pinch and rarely draw blood. Common household pets such as dogs and cats are more harmful than sugar gliders.
- Wild populations are not affected when you have these amazing creatures. They are also not threatened, near threatened, or conservation dependent.
- Sugar gliders are very adaptable creatures meaning they will adapt to the weather and environment. In the winter there are heating lamps and heating stones that can be provided.
- These animals tend to be low maintenance compared to dogs and cats. Since they are low maintenance and small, you can bring them anywhere and not constantly watch them.
- They are perfect animals for busy people because they don't need their head scratched like cats do and they don't need to be walked like dogs.
- Many people can't own pets because they are allergic to dander or feathers. Sugar gliders are hypoallergenic which makes them fantastic pets for animal lovers.
- Their diet is not complex. They mostly eat fruit, yogurt drops and insects such as larvae beetles.
- Sugar gliders are legal in most states in the US and are legal in Hamilton Ontario, Stoney Creek Ontario and Kitchener Ontario so why not Ottawa?
These adorable animals bring joy to everyone around them, so please support these amazing creatures and help legalize keeping them as pets by signing and sharing this petition! Thank you for all your support!
Today: Isabella is counting on you
Isabella Nuzzi needs your help with “Jim Watson: Fight to legalize sugar gliders in Ottawa, Ontario!”. Join Isabella and 62 supporters today.