Sulphites Allergy is as Serious as Nuts!!

0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!


Sulphites is a serious allergy causing asthma symptoms, shortness of breath, coughing, wheezing and potential anaphylactic shock or death!

Sulphites is a preservative found in dried fruit, alcoholic beverages, ready made meals, sauces and balsamic dressing however; it can extend beyond this. It can surprisingly be used in a variety of sauces, condiments and foods (including vegetables and meats!). 

Some restaurants understand the allergen yet some are completely unaware and will question what it is. This is not fair as some people can really suffer from allergy attacks after consuming sulphites. Sulphites should be taken as seriously as peanuts.

Sulphites can be potentially life threatening and this needs to be brought to attention. Other allergens such as nuts, egg, gluten and dairy are taken seriously. Sulphites is just as serious! People need awareness, knowledge and education about the precautions to take when it comes to sulphites. 

Therefore, this petition is the start of raising awareness of sulphites as a serious allergy. 



Today: Sarah is counting on you

Sarah Mather needs your help with “Jeremy Hunt: Sulphites Allergy is as Serious as Nuts!!”. Join Sarah and 7 supporters today.