Labour - we don't support your water tax!
This petition had 5,321 supporters
We don't support your water tax because:
- You can’t tell us what the impact of the tax will be on food producers, jobs, communities & food prices
- You are only taxing some users of water – you need to treat all commercial users the same
- Our least swimmable rivers will receive minimal funding
- You don’t know how much of the tax will actually go to rivers
- You don’t have a plan showing how you will spend the tax or how it will help rivers
- The tax will divide communities – when we all need to work together to make our rivers ‘swimmable’
UPDATE: we have surveyed irrigators and found that a water tax could lead to many arable, sheep and beef farms converting to more intensive farming like dairy and that farmers would reduce spending in rural communities to pay for the tax. See http://bit.ly/2wL0G4C
Today: The NZ public, farmers, growers and IrrigationNZ is counting on you
The NZ public, farmers, growers and IrrigationNZ needs your help with “Jacinda Ardern - Labour Party Leader: Labour - we don't support your water tax!”. Join The NZ public, farmers, growers and IrrigationNZ and 5,320 supporters today.