Investigate and Hold LIPA (Long Island Power Authority) Accountable
Hold LIPA Accountable for Poor Preparedness and Response to Hurricane Sandy
- Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State House and Senate
- Nassau County Executive
- Suffolk County Executive
- Chief of Staff for Senator Kirsten Gillibrand
- Chief of Staff for Senator Chuck Schumer
- Chief of Staff for Representative Peter King (3rd District)
- Chief of Staff for Representative Carolyn McCarthy (4th District)
We the undersigned demand:
1) a full accounting of LIPA preparations for hurricane Sandy including what was done to anticipate outages and to repair them quickly and completely including the precautions and remedies introduced into their infrastructure following Hurricane Irene in 2011.
2) A full accounting of LIPA's post-Sandy assessment of blacked-out areas and how repair personnel were allocated and dispatched to these areas broken down by specific region or zip code
3) Action be taken by the New York State attorney general against the officials and board members of LIPA to assess the presence of negligence on their part in both the preparation and post-storm repair efforts, and appropriate action be instituted against these same individuals if they are found negligent.
4) An inquiry into the actions of IBEW 1049 (local electrical worker's union - www.ibew1049.org/) during the storm and the allegations that out-of-state utility workers who arrived to assist were stalled by IBEW 1049 because of unconscionable demands in the wake of a power crisis
Today: James is counting on you
James Rothpearl needs your help with “Investigate and Hold LIPA (Long Island Power Authority) Accountable”. Join James and 2,330 supporters today.