Infinity War Premier at Edinburgh
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
We are petitioning to have an Infinity War Premier at Edinburgh, as the city has contributed a lot to filming it. We think that this is the perfect chance to showcase what the city has to offer in terms of future Hollywood film productions and premiers. More importantly, it would be an honour and a great thank you to the city and its people, and the fans within the city, in their contribution to creating this film.
Some information about the filming process within the city:
1. Avengers: Infinity War is the largest production the city of Edinburgh has ever hosted.
2. The production filmed in Edinburgh’s historic UNESCO World Heritage Old Town for 7 weeks in the Spring of 2016, with a further 3 months of prep ahead of filming, transforming shop fronts, erecting props like bus shelters and street lights, even a café in Waverley Station and installing heavy equipment in the Royal Mile, Parliament Square, Cockburn Street.
3. Filming took place through the night for 7 weeks, with local residents, businesses and the Council working collaboratively with the production to accommodate the filming. For instance, residents were asked to keep lights on or off throughout the night, businesses closed or kept staff on site all night to help with lights and access, the main entrance into the City Chambers was blocked off, St Giles Cathedral juggled services and celebrations with Avengers activity by night.
4. Network Rail, long accustomed to working with high-level feature films like Wonder Woman and Paddington, gave an unprecedented 6 weeks of access to Waverley Station – more access than has ever been given to any production in any station in the UK.
5. Over 400 production crew came in to the city from Atlanta Georgia where the production is based, while services and supplies were hired locally with an extensive ‘Avengers Reach’ throughout the city region.
6. Edinburgh was the only non-studio filming location in the whole world.
7. Edinburgh was very proud to host the world premiere of T2 Trainspotting in January 2017 with a glitzy event at Fountainpark. We feel equally proud that we were chosen as the only location in the world for Avengers: Infinity War and we would be delighted if we could launch the film here.
We are all superheroes.
Today: mae is counting on you
mae t needs your help with “Infinity War Premier at Edinburgh”. Join mae and 268 supporters today.