Bring Back old Indian status card!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Some natives like myself do not like the change in the so called "secure cards" so this petition is to put a stop to these new cards and have a choice to have your old cards. These new cards have these problems:
- Identifying us Canadian but are not, were the original owners of this land.
- It is not laminated so if you bend the plastic card too far it will snap.
- It takes 9 weeks to get it back if broken or lost.
- We just started getting them in some reservation but we never consulted over it, they just did it (like standing rock r.i.p).
- The band office has no control over if you want the old one if they made them convert already.
- Unknown thing on the back that quotes "must be returned on request"?
- It looks like a prison identification where there is no smiling, black and white and the other one you can smile it's colorful.
- I don't like that we have have bar codes (like the holicost) that people can scan.
Good about it:
- No fraud
- double picture (but not needed for our other cards)
- no signature required
So why is if the government does like first nations than why don't they tell us about these things and give us a choice (R.I.P again standing rock) join with me to fight INAC to give us a choice
Today: Jacob is counting on you
Jacob Bisson needs your help with “Indian and northern affaires canada (inac): Bring Back old Indian status card!”. Join Jacob and 31 supporters today.