End Inhumane Treatment of Prisoners
This petition had 258 supporters
Within the IL Department of Corrections, there is lawlessness, corruption, racketeering and torture. Since Ronald Reagan declared war on poor people, the prison population has doubled every ten years. It's so monstrous, they call it the Prison-Industrial Complex. Prisoners are dehumanized and demonized by over-crowding, over-heating, no heat, hunger, little or no access to health care, being locked-down 23 hrs a day, and tortured--based on their practice, the Dept. of Corrections doesn't pretend to rehabilitate, only to prepare prisoners for their return to prison.
We the under-signed demand that Governor Quinn and the IL Legislature take immediate action to:
1) end double-celling of prisoners in cells that were designed for one person
2) provide 3 days credit for every 1 day housed in sub-human conditions
3) return to the 50% of time served law, and apply it retroactively
4) lower the maximum sentence to 15 years, and apply that retroactively
5) develop and fund programs to provide opportunities, education, rehabilitation, exercise, healthy diet and preventative health care for those who desire to participate
(Feel free to copy/download and please take to your union, church, club etc. Please mail to Affordable Power & Justice, P.O. Box 09016, Chicago, IL 60609. Our address is 643 W. 31st Street, Chicago, IL 60616, phone # (773) 819-0612. Facebook page is "Ain't No Chain")
Let Justice Be Done. Let an Unbroken Circle Break the Chains that are killing us. Thank You.
Today: Affordable Power & Justice is counting on you
Affordable Power & Justice Chicago, IL needs your help with “Illinois Governor Pat Quinn & the State Legislature of IL: End Inhumane Treatment of Prisoners”. Join Affordable Power & Justice and 257 supporters today.