Today, on the planet, a billion women – one of every three women on the planet – will be raped or beaten in her lifetime. That’s ONE BILLION mothers, daughters, sisters, partners, and friends violated. We REFUSE to stand by as more than a billion women experience violence.
ONE BILLION WOMEN VIOLATED IS AN ATROCITY
BUT ONE BILLION RISING AGAINST SUCH VIOLENCE IS A REVOLUTION!
On February 14th, 2013, we are inviting one billion women and those who love them to walk out, DANCE, RISE UP, AND DEMAND an end to this violence. One Billion Rising is a promise that we will rise up with women and men worldwide to say, "Enough! The violence ends now."
Global Day of Action: 14 February, 2013
What You Can Do
Join the campaign by signing this pledge to rise up and take a stand.
Tell us why you are rising - Leave your message in the comments box "I am rising because..."
• Create new slogans, songs, poems, posters, banners, jingles and share them widely
• Initiate a signature campaign in your neighborhoods, spread the word and inspire people to rise and join the campaign and make personal pledges to end all forms of violence against women and girls
• Be a blogger, writer, art designer, send us logos, art work which can be widely used for networking and promoting local events
• Talk about ways to end violence against women and girls, the OBR in communities, schools and colleges, workplaces, bus stops, metro trains, etc.
• Finally join the campaign trail to 14.02.2013—and make a pledge your support to RISE on February 14th 2013.
The One Billion Rising Campaign (OBR) is a global campaign:
• It is an invitation to talk, use songs, and other forms of communications to ensure that women are free from any form of threat, abuse, sexual violence, sexual harassment
• It is a call to all peoples - women, men, diverse gender identities and children across all ages, cultures and sites, to refuse to live with any form of violence against women and girls in all their diversity
• It is a refusal to accept violence against women and girls as a given, and to work for justice, love and peace
• It is an act of global solidarity.
One Billion Rising started this petition with a single signature, and now has 30,427 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.