Join in our signature campaign for the amendment of the 1997 TAMA Law (R.A. 8423)
0 have signed. Let’s get to 7,500!
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the global use of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) is on the rise.
- Globally, Traditional Medicine (TM) and CAM are much more accessible to patients than conventional medicine.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that in developing countries, 80% of the population actually depends on traditional medicine as their primary healthcare.
- In the Philippines, studies and market research reports support the view that demand for CAM, including herbal medicines, will continue to grow.
- As demand for CAM grows in the country, there is concomitant need to strengthen the government’s existing policy, regulatory, and legal framework to better respond to this growing demand and at the same time, ensure the safety of Filipino consumers using various CAM modalities and practices. It is also of great necessity to revisit the Traditional and Alternative Medicine Act of 1997 because after more than 20 years from its enactment, the law may now be apt for an amendment to make it more responsive to the call of the present time.
- With this, a House Bill entitled “An Act Empowering the Philippine Institute of Traditional and Alternative Health Care By Vesting Upon It Regulatory Powers, Providing It With Augmented Human Resources and Upgraded Equipment, Establishing Testing Laboratories and Field Offices, Amending Certain Sections of Republic Act No. 8423 and Appropriating Funds Thereof” is now
being sought to be introduced by Representative Conrado M. Estrella III of ABONO Party-List in the 17th Congress.
- ALL Signatures below manifests our support to the aforesaid Bill.
Today: Philippine Institute of Naturopathic Sciences (PINS) is counting on you
Philippine Institute of Naturopathic Sciences (PINS) needs your help with “House of Representatives: Join in our signature campaign for the amendment of the 1997 TAMA Law (R.A. 8423)”. Join Philippine Institute of Naturopathic Sciences (PINS) and 5,461 supporters today.