Commit to an anti-austerity manifesto in line with Labour’s 2017 national manifesto
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
- For a no-cuts Hounslow Labour budget
- Council houses for Hounslow’s people, not private build for developers’ profits
- State schools, not faith schools or academies
We call on Hounslow Labour group councillors to Commit to an anti-austerity manifesto in line with Labour’s 2017 national manifesto
To support Hounslow’s people, with distinct policies from the Tories’ austerity agenda, we call on Labour councillors to support the following pledges for the 2018 Local Government Elections.
- A no-cuts budget
- Stop privatisation of services and bring contracts back in house where possible
- Withdraw pledge not to increase council tax. Consider alternative options, including raising it by up to 6%, or a progressive tax, where those in higher value properties see a larger increase
Specific policy commitments to include:
- All homes built on council-owned land to be council houses, using Public Works Borrowing Board funds up to the max Housing Revenue limit
- Freeze council rents, stop evictions related to rent arrears.
- Use CPOs or Empty Dwelling Management Orders to acquire properties that have been empty over the long term
- Double council tax on empty properties
- Provide shelters for rough sleepers
- Restore carers, meals on wheels and home help
- Re open day care centres that have been closed over the past 8 years
- Bring service contracts back in house, paying London Living Wage
- Make clear Labour’s opposition to third runway in our public campaigning
- Join the anti-third runway campaign Local Council Network
- Build new state schools as annexes to existing schools, as an alternative to faith and academy schools
- Restore Youth Centre funding and re-open those which have been closed over the past 8 years
Today: Momentum Hounslow is counting on you
Momentum Hounslow needs your help with “Hounslow Labour group councillors: : Commit to an anti-austerity manifesto in line with Labour’s 2017 national manifesto”. Join Momentum Hounslow and 77 supporters today.