Land for the Landless
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Ekta Parishad is a non-violent people's movement working tirelessly for over three decades for the land-rights of millions of excluded and marginalized Indians.
Ekta Parishad and its collaborating people's organizations welcome the "written agreements" that were negotiated with the Government of India after Janadesh (2007) and Jansatyagraha (2012) campaigns. Despite several ongoing rounds of dialogue with the different levels of the government a satisfactory outcome - people getting rights over land - has not materialized.
To place before the Government of India the aspirations of millions of excluded and marginalized sections of Indian society, we are undertaking yet again a peaceful non-violent campaign called Jan Andolan 2018
Building upon the previously negotiated agreements, our key expectation from the Government for Jan Andolan are
- Introduce and execute -National Homestead Land Rights Act
- Introduce and execute - National Land Reforms Policy
- Introduce and execute - Women Farmer Entitlement Act
- Introduce and execute - Land Tribunals and Fast Track Courts for resolving land disputes/cases
- Set up and operationalise - National Land Reforms Council & National Task Force on Land Reforms
- Set up new 'execution and monitoring' structures on Panchayat (extension in the Scheduled Area) Act-1996 and Forest Rights Act-2006
We humbly request you to motivate and advice the Government of India to take appropriate actions to fulfil the aspirations of the marginalized and excluded sections of Indian society.
We will be delighted to extend all possible support in this direction
Today: Ekta Parishad is counting on you
Ekta Parishad needs your help with “Honorable President of India: Land for the Landless”. Join Ekta Parishad and 92 supporters today.